Vision Problems & Conditions Treated in Lubbock, Odessa & Houston
At Houston Eye Doctor, our patients are our top priority. From performing comprehensive eye examinations to offering the most fashionable frames, and everything in between, our experienced optometrists and attentive staff will ensure that you’re extremely satisfied with your eye care visit.
We treat our patients with special care at Houston Eye Doctor. From a child’s first pediatric eye exam, to a high school student experimenting with colored contacts, to a retiree considering Transitions® lenses or LASIK, our team can help you every step of the way to achieve crystal clear vision.
Make Houston Eye Doctor your first choice for eye care in Lubbock, Odessa, or Houston. Contact us online today or visit any one of our locations for quality eye care services.
Our Eye Care Services in Lubbock, Odessa & Houston
We offer a wide variety of eye care services for patients of all ages at Houston Eye Doctor. From pediatric exams for children as young as six months to a comprehensive exam for pre-operative eye conditions, we provide the services you need to see clearly. We offer treatment for the following conditions and much more:
- Amblyopia (lazy eye) – Usually beginning in early childhood, this condition occurs when nerve pathways connecting the brain and eye don’t receive enough stimulation. The outcome results in the brain favoring one eye over the other. Treatment can include eye patches, eye drops, glasses, contacts, and more.
- Blepharitis – This common condition is an inflammation of the eyelids caused by oil glands on the inner eyelid. Blepharitis makes eyelashes sticky or crusty and can adversely affect tear production. Treatment includes steroid eye drops, antibiotics, and more.
- Cataracts – Often associated with aging, cataracts occur when the normally clear lens of the eye becomes cloudy, resulting in blurred vision. Cataracts can be easily removed and replaced with clear, artificial lenses in a quick, painless outpatient procedure.
- Computer Vision Syndrome – Also called Digital Eye Strain, this condition adversely affects the vision of those who spend long hours looking at computer screens, tablets, phone screens, or other digital devices. Treatment can range from special prescription glasses to visual training therapies designed to help the brain and eyes work together more easily.
- Dry Eye Syndrome – This condition occurs when the tear ducts don’t make enough moisture to adequately lubricate the eyes. Prescription eye drops can help regulate tear production and reduce the discomfort of dry, red, and inflamed eyes.
- Strabismus (crossed eyes) – This common disorder affects the ability of both eyes to properly align when focusing on an object. Usually caused by a nerve injury or muscle dysfunction, successful treatment can include wearing an eye patch or special glasses.
Choose Houston Eye Doctor for Better Vision in Lubbock, Odessa & Houston
Trust the optometrists at Houston Eye Doctor to provide the eye care services you need to achieve the clearest, crispest vision possible. Our motto is “Better Vision. Better Life” and we stand behind it by providing you with outstanding service, affordable treatment options, convenient locations, and so much more.
Visit Houston Eye Doctor at any one of our locations, or contact us online today!