If you’re ready to give contact lenses a try for the first time or have been wearing them for years, Houston Eye Doctor is your one-stop shop for comprehensive contact lens exams and a wide variety of contact lenses designed for your unique vision needs. At Houston Eye Doctor, our experienced team of optometrists and staff will put you on the road to better vision by conducting a thorough eye examination designed to not only correct your vision but also assess the overall health of your eyes.
If you need a contact lens exam in Lubbock, Odessa, or Houston, contact Houston Eye Doctor for an appointment.
What Happens During a Contact Lens Exam?
A contact lens exam begins with a comprehensive eye exam that includes:
- Visual acuity tests using a projected eye chart to assess the clarity of your near and far vision
- Eye movement tests to see how rapidly and easily your eyes track to different points
- Cover tests to assess the individual strength of each eye
- Depth perception checks to see if your eyes move in tandem
- Tests designed to determine the health of corneas, irises, eyelids, and more
After the comprehensive exam, your optometrist will begin additional testing to fit you for contact lenses properly. These tests include:
- Measuring the surface of your eyes to decide the correct size and type of contact to best suit your unique needs
- Determining if have adequate tear production necessary for contact lenses to be comfortable
After this additional testing, your optometrist will give you several choices for the kind of contact lenses you’d like to wear. Depending on your correction needs, you may be able to choose from the following lenses:
- Daily disposables
- Lenses for astigmatism
- Bifocal lenses
- Colored lenses
- Pediatric lenses
- Rigid gas permeable lenses
Once your contact lenses are in place, your optometrist will suggest you wear them as prescribed for several days to a week so you can decide how you like them and if they’re comfortable. You’ll make a follow-up appointment to address any concerns or try another pair if you’re not happy.
It’s important to keep your follow-up exam so that your optometrist can assess how well your lenses fit. Contact lenses that are the wrong size or not worn as directed can damage your eyes.
For your next contact lens exam in Lubbock, Odessa, or Houston, choose Houston Eye Doctor. We carry the contact lenses you depend on.
Choose Houston Eye Doctor for Contact Lens Exams
At Houston Eye Doctor, our top priority is providing our patients with the highest quality eye care services and products. Our optometrists treat each patient with the utmost care and compassion, a quality that puts us head and shoulders above the rest.
Houston Eye Doctor offers the following at all of our convenient Lubbock, Odessa, and Houston locations:
- Eye care services for patients as young as six months old
- Price matching to guarantee you’re getting the best possible price on exams and eyewear
- Acceptance of most insurance carriers, Medicare, and Medicaid to ensure you and your family members are covered
Start down the path to clear vision today. Call Houston Eye Doctor today at whichever location is closest to you:
- Lubbock – (806) 797-4216
- Odessa – (432) 242-5985
- South Central Houston – (713) 748-5000
- Houston Heights – (713) 864-5421