Contact Lenses at Houston Eye Doctor
At Houston Eye Doctor, your crystal clear vision is our top priority. With our trained optometrists and attentive staff, we work together to ensure your time spent with us is time spent wisely. From providing pediatric eye exams, diagnosing eye disorders, performing glasses or contact lens exams and fittings, we’re the eye doctor you can trust most.
Our caring and experienced staff pairs the latest in vision-testing technology with the most popular eyewear products on the market to make your visit to Houston Eye Doctor a positive experience. Once you experience our motto of “Better Vision. Better Life.” you’ll definitely want to make Houston Eye Doctor your first stop for all of your eye care needs.
Ready to get an eye exam in Lubbock, Odessa, or Houston? Contact us online today.
Superior Contact Lens Services in Lubbock, Odessa & Houston
Whether you’re new to contact lenses or have been wearing them for years, we have contact lenses guaranteed to meet your needs at Houston Eye Doctor. Before prescribing the right contacts for you, we first perform a thorough eye exam designed to take all of your individual needs into account. In addition to a regular vision exam to determine the amount of correction you require, we’ll take the following easy and painless steps:
- Perform tests to determine the exact curvature of your eye to ensure your contacts will fit well
- Use a keratometer to measure the surface of your corneas to learn how light reflects off your eyes
- Use computerized scans to measure the size of your pupils
- Evaluate how moist your eyes are (determined by your ability to produce tears) to choose the best contact lenses to avoid dry eye disorders
- Thoroughly examine your eyes while you wear different types of contact lenses to ensure a good fit and clear vision
Contact Lens Choices at Houston Eye Doctor
At Houston Eye Doctor, we stock a wide variety of contact lenses guaranteed to correct your vision while delivering optimal comfort. Some of our most popular lenses include:
- Soft Contact Lenses – Soft lenses are comfortable and fit closely to the eye, making them less likely to fall out. A great choice for most patients, especially athletes, soft contacts are designed to be worn daily, weekly, or monthly before discarding for a new pair.
- Gas-Permeable (GP) Lenses – These lenses are constructed of a moderately flexible plastic material and offer crystal clear vision correction. They are sturdier and easier to handle than soft contacts, but they take longer to get used to and must be worn consistently for best results.
- Multifocal Lenses – A great choice for patients who need correction for distance and near vision, these lenses are available in soft and gas permeable choices.
- Colored Contact Lenses – Make your eye really pop by enhancing your natural eye color or changing it completely. Lenses are available in many colors suitable for those with pale or dark eyes.
- Silicone Hydrogels – Similar to gas permeable lenses, silicone hydrogel lenses have the added advantage of letting up to five times more oxygen reach the cornea versus soft or GP lenses. Silicone hydrogels offer increased comfort and longer wearability.
Choose Houston Eye Doctor for Contact Lenses in Lubbock, Odessa & Houston
Whether you’ve been wearing contact lenses for years or are interested in dramatically changing things up with colored contacts, Houston Eye Doctor can make it happen. Our team will ensure your new contacts give you crystal clear vision while delivering the comfort you need.
Contact us online today! Or come visit any one of our locations in Lubbock, Odessa, or Houston!