Comprehensive Eye Care Services in Houston
The importance of proper eye care cannot be understated. As one of the most complex organs in the body, your eyes need to be examined regularly to ensure they are developing correctly and not at risk for disease or abnormalities.
By starting eye care at a young age, you raise the chances of correctly fixing vision issues and stopping any irregularities from forming. That’s why Houston Eye Doctor offers treatment for children as young as six months old. We pride ourselves on providing quality optometry services at a convenient location, so we’re a top choice for families looking for a full-service eye doctor in Houston.
Contact Houston Eye Doctor online now, or visit one of our four locations in Houston, Lubbock, and Odessa!
Eye Exams Near Houston, Lubbock & Odessa, TX
At Houston Eye Doctor, we believe eye exams are the most effective way to gauge a patient’s vision and identify potential issues. That’s why they are at the foundation of the services we offer. Some of the eye exams and other services we offer include:
- Comprehensive eye exams. These eye exams consist of different elements to test every aspect of your eye. From depth perception to eye mobility, a comprehensive eye exam is essential for eye heath.
- Pediatric eye exams. Adults aren’t the only ones who need eye exams. Our pediatric vision tests are crucial to ensure the eyes are developing correctly. Kids’ vision has been linked to overall performance in school and educational settings, so their eyes should be a top priority.
- Contact lens exam. These differ from regular eye exams because your eye’s shape and size must be taken into account. Getting fitted for new contacts is easy and painless at Houston Eye Doctor.
- Diabetes-related disease testing. Diabetic eye exams are encouraged so people can avoid contracting diseases like diabetic retinopathy.
- And more.
To learn more about the exams and test Houston Eye Doctor can perform for you and your family in Houston, Lubbock, and Odessa, contact us online!
Eye Care Services We Offer at Houston Eye Doctor
We offer treatment and care for all commonly known eye disease and conditions such as the following:
- Amblyopia (lazy eye). Lazy eye, medically known as amblyopia, is a loss or lack of development of vision, usually in one eye. This degenerative process usually begins with an inherited condition and appears during infancy or early childhood.
- Blepharitis. Blepharitis is a general term for an inflammation of the eyelid and eyelashes. It is among the most common and stubborn eye conditions usually resulting from poor eyelid hygiene, a low-grade bacterial infection (usually staphylococcal), an allergic reaction, and/or abnormalities in oil gland function.
- Cataracts. A cataract is a clouding of the eye’s normally clear lens, which leads to a progressive blurring or dimming of vision. It is the world’s leading cause of blindness and among the most common conditions related to aging—by age 65, you have a 50 percent chance of developing a cataract, and, by age 75, it jumps to 70 percent.
- Computer Vision Syndrome. Neck pain, blurry vision, stiff shoulders, headache, and watery eyes characterize Computer Vision Syndrome, due to prolonged periods in front of a computer screen. The symptoms are typically due to posture, dry eyes, eye muscle coordination, and poorly corrected vision.
- Dry eye syndrome. Dry eye syndrome refers to a breakdown in the quantity or quality of tears to moisten, cleanse, and protect the eyes. This is significant because, with each blink, tears protect the surface of the eye, washing away dust and microorganisms. When this protective coating dries up, the eyes may feel “gritty” or burn and can be more sensitive to light. In extreme cases, vision can be blurred.
- Strabismus (cross-eyed). Cross-eyed, medically known as strabismus, refers to a condition in which eyes are misaligned. It commonly occurs when the muscles that control eye movement are not properly working together. The result is one or both eyes turning inward, outward, upward or downward, or one or both eyes moving irregularly.
Choose Houston Eye Doctor for Eye Care Service in Houston, Lubbock & Odessa
For quality eye care services, visit Houston Eye Doctor. Since 2009, our staff of optometrists has been helping families in Houston, Lubbock, and Odessa maintain great vision. There are several factors that make Houston Eye Doctor a top choice in optometry throughout Texas, including:
- We accept most major insurances (plus Medicaid and Medicare).
- We treat patients of all ages.
- We use the most up-to-date optometric equipment.
- We also offer a large selection of eyewear and vision products.
You’ll never have to search for an “eye doctor near me” again after you visit our vision centers! Contact us online now.